Monday, July 17, 2006

Coming to a Public Access TV Station Near You

Somewhere between the ranting preachers.

City attorney Doug Jarman's legal opinion about the cable franchise agreement concerning PEG (Public access, Education, Government) Channel 99 cleared the way for the airing of the film, "Loose Change ."

The documentary did not air in May, as officials previously had promised Nick Pretnar of Taylor Springs.

Mayor Bill Baran made the decision to ban the program.

That prompted Pretnar, a college student, to seek an explanation at the council's June 27 meeting. The mayor then sought a legal opinion from the city attorney.

Jarman said the present use of Channel 99 for public access programs like church services, sporting events and community parades indicates the city should either abide by PEG rules in programming or air no public access programs at all.

4 Comments:

At 17 July, 2006 09:35, Blogger Billythekid said...

Anyone noticed this movie: http://www.severevisibility.com?

Totally inspired by Pentagon conspiracy theories.

 
At 17 July, 2006 09:55, Blogger Avery Dylan said...

Like, Hey, man, I mean, I hope they don't ask a lot of questions about the copyright issues, cause like I mean, not everything is like legal footage, I mean, like that helicopter shot? Do you know how much it costs to rent a helicopter, and like a Tyler mount? I mean, you can't just stick your camera out the window and take pictures, so instead of renting we just took it, from like another movie, but it's ok, 'cause we are eductional, I mean we give the video away, so the guy that paid for it I mean, how can he ask for it back?

 
At 17 July, 2006 10:21, Blogger Avery Dylan said...

avery dylan(lol) makes a good point

Like hey, man, I mean ,that's why I'm here for ya.

 
At 17 July, 2006 12:52, Blogger The Artistic Macrophage said...

Here is what bothers me (among other things)...

If these guys were all about "the truth" then why don't they just give the DVDs away. I am sure all their friends at Scholars etc...could fork the money over for the cost of the DVDs and pressing...isn't it worth it, I mean its all about geting the TRUTH out there isn't it....ya right

 

Post a Comment

<< Home